Provost Kotlikoff and Deputy Provost Siliciano invite inquiries, nominations, and applications for the position of faculty-in-residence for both Dickson Hall (513 residents), which includes the Multicultural Living Learning Unit (McLLU), and Court-Kay-Bauer Hall (363 residents). Both positions begin August 2019.
Understanding that the first-year experience is pivotal to students’ overall academic satisfaction and success and that students establish patterns their first year, the North Campus living-learning community plays a central role in this transition to Cornell. Faculty-in-residence help to create a shared experience in a supportive and inclusive environment that fosters academic and intellectual learning, personal development, holistic well-being, and a sense of belonging and connectedness.
The application process will be managed in two stages. Nominations, due by December 15, will be reviewed by members of the search committee and those selected to move forward in the process will be asked to submit application materials by February 2, 2018.
- Call for Nominations from Provost Kotlikoff and Deputy Provost Siliciano (PDF)
- Position Description (PDF)
- North Campus Faculty Programs Mission Statement (PDF)
Nominations should be directed to Stacy Kesselring, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the search, the faculty-in-residence position, or North Campus generally, or would like to attend a North Campus program, you are encouraged to contact Ethan Stephenson, Director, Faculty Living-Learning Programs, email@example.com, or any of the current faculty-in-residence as follows:
- Balch Hall – Susan Daniel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clara Dickson Hall – Kit Umbach, email@example.com
- Court-Kay-Bauer Hall – Maria Fernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Low Rise 6 and 7 – Catherine Appert, email@example.com
- Mary Donlon Hall – Chris Schaffer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mews Hall – Lori Leonard, email@example.com
- Townhouse Community – Noliwe Rooks, firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates are encouraged to attend one of the open houses held this fall. RSVP required.
- 5 – 6:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 3
Court-Kay-Bauer faculty-in-residence home
RSVP to Maria Fernandez, email@example.com
- 5 – 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 16
Dickson faculty-in-residence home
RSVP to Kit Umbach, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Laura Davis||Associate Director, Residential and New Student Programs|
|Maria Fernandez||Faculty-in-Residence, Court-Kay-Bauer Hall (History of Art and Visual Studies)|
|Carol Grumbach||Associate Vice Provost|
|John Siliciano||Deputy Provost and Interim Vice Provost for Undergraduate Education|
|Ethan Stephenson||Director, Faculty Living-Learning Programs|
|Kit Umbach||Faculty-in-Residence, Clara Dickson Hall/McLLU (Materials Science and Engineering)|